Monday, May 18, 2009

A good day

Today was a good day and yesterday was too.

Yesterday I was at a luncheon with other moms of the East Bay in Walnut Creek. This lady sitting directly across from me looked familiar. We played the where we do I know you from for quite sometime. Until I realized we were in the same high school graduating class 20 years ago. As conversation went on, we laughed about that and then I said "I grew up in the ghetto" and she said "O you mean the south side of San Ramon, so did I" and we laughed more. When we were kids a local paper ran an article saying everything south of Pine Valley was the ghetto. Thinking back, I think of how naive the news reporter was and so was the paper that ran the article.

I loved seeing my brother and Diana yesterday. They were able to stay with Emma and Clark while I was away.

Later that night, Clark looked at Emma's diaper and asked me to adjust it since it looked lopsided. Without even thinking of it I did and since I had just changed it I did not even think about what could be in it or on my finger. Let me just say a few minutes later I realized my rookie move and Clark was grossed to the max.

In today's comic in the newspaper Baby Blues, a husband has his hands in the toilet and the wife is standing over him holding a dish of delights asking him, " You want some dessert now?" Things you thought were really gross now barely qualify as yucky-the first of the six things you learn after having kids according to the illustrator.

As the day went on my dad and Clark went to see the new Star Trek movie. Clark said it was good and dad said it is not a chick flick.

Tomorrow we will have some of our best friends from Idaho here and I will also be seeing some old friends. It will be quite the day.

As for the rest of the week, Clark has the social butterfly schedule and I am wondering how Emma and I will keep up with him-

2 comments:

  1. I still remember vivid diaper moments, although many moons ago. Maddi had a bad habit, for a short time (luckily) of wanting to reach behind into the diaper, curious as to what it was that had just landed in it. The odor does not disappear after three or more washings, I learned. Thanks for sharing and for letting me reciprocate! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I was referring to the odor that would remain on Maddi's hands.

    ReplyDelete