Friday, May 15, 2009

Germ infested daughter

The germ infested daughter somehow came down with laryngitis/croup. We thought yesterday she had a slight allergy and then last night the walruses and seals came out. Her voice sounded like Minnie Mouse (which at first was cute) and then the cough was horrible. We could not determine if it was a walrus or a seal she sounded like the most. We divided the house so Clark would not get sick.

I called Kasier this morning and oh what a joy that was!!! The lady on the phone said sorry no appointments except for the phone. I was begging her that a phone appointment would not do. Emma needed to have her lungs and throat checked (and this is serious since my husband could not be comprised by her). Finally she passed me on to someone (and in the meantime I e-mailed Emma's doctor) and we got in.

Dr. Bartos, her doctor who by that time had gotten my e-mails was great. He met us out in the waiting room, did her vitals, weight, etc. (really what Doctor does that anymore?) and took care of us quickly and efficiently. As a pediatrician he is the best.

Cause we had to miss our playgroup, I mean Emma's playgroup, we let her play a little outside. Emma decided to play dress up and lost one of my favorite shoes. Of course, I own like 50 pairs, but these are my everyday throw on ones. Clark and I looked inside the house and on a lark I went outside. As I was rounding out the side yard to where Emma's playhouse is, I saw the cutest thing. Our cat, was inside Emma's house, on her back legs, playing in Emma's sink. We both kind of just stopped in our tracks. All I saw was the cat's head looking out the window and the paws in the sink. I wish I had the camera. It was adorable. I did not find the shoe but the memory of the cat was great.

Emma seems to be doing much better already but she still sounds like Minnie Mouse-let's see what tonight brings. Again, we will have a divided house since getting Clark germ infested with this is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment