Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hamburger Place X

Today, Clark, Emma, my dad and me went to Hamburger Place X. Yes, Hamburger Place X. We got in the car and Clark did not care where we were going as long as we were going out.
So my dad starts in: Let's go to that hamburger place, you know the one.
Me: Um, no.
Dad: You know the joint where Emma spilled her drink that one time.
Me: No.
Dad: You must be losing your mind. You know the one near the library.
Me: There are 3 libraries in town, which one?
Dad: You know the hamburger place near the run down shopping center.
Me: (Process of elimination running through my mind-all the libraries are near run down shopping centers)
Clark with giggles pipes in: Yeah, Honey you know the one. I was not there when Emma spilled her drink but I have been there before. You know that Hamburger Place?
Dad: You know the one near the pool. Come on, now.
Me: No,no, I have no clue (to some degree all the libraries are near pools we use).

This whole conversation was taking place while I was driving to where I did not know.

Dad: I thought I was the one getting old. You mean to tell me you live here (in Livermore) and you do not remember that time last summer when we went there.
Me: (thinking no-whatever-as if my Dad knows everything about San Ramon where he lives-okay he might after being in the same house for thirty years).

This whole scene went on and on until finally we realized on how to get to Ben's Hamburgers, but for us, from now on it will always be the Hamburger Place X.

We had a great time airing out Clark and then went downtown and let Emma play in the fountains for a minute before heading off to home for our respective naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment