Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The cancer has spread

Today Clark and I went to his oncology doctor to find out treatment. We had been told that he would have chemo 2-3 times a week for about 3 months and then done.

What the doctor told us today was that Clark's cancer had spread and he had to endure another biopsy to determine how far. The doctor had me run my hands over Clark's neck and back to feel the lumps and bumps. The heat off of Chester was unreal. And apparently Chester has many cousins.

The doctor then said treatment would be chemo and radiation for an undetermined length. There are no words to say what this like except a never ending tunnel that one cannot see the light soon enough.

I told him if I could take the pain away for him I would~no one should have to go through this. Clark deserves so much more...

4 comments:

  1. I am saddened to read this...wow is all I can say and that I hope you catch Chester and his cousins quickly and Clark is able to be himself soon. I truly can not believe I had to read this and that you are living it. I am here for you if you need more support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please be strong. We are all here to support you and the family. Our prayer will be with you all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is breaking for you both, and I'm sending you all my love and prayers. Even asked my dad to put in a good word for you - he's sitting at the right hand I'm sure and can talk Him into anything. :) Gayle and my mom also send their love. We are all here to support you, and don't forget that all of your DeMolay sisters and brothers love you and are here for anything you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, Clark deserves so much more. I'm just so thankful that you are there with him, supportive. I am saddened by this news, but know that it is less challenging for Clark, being that he is not alone and you are there, with him, to see him through this. Call me whenever you need to, doesn't matter what time. Know that I'm praying for that light to shine at the end of this tunnel that you're in.

    ReplyDelete