Friday, April 24, 2009

Sometimes I forget...

Sometimes I forget that Clark has cancer and then reality hits. Like, planning a party for Emma's birthday. Clark will have had three cycles of chemo by then and will not be up to having a house full of the germ carriers called toddlers running in circles around him.

So, we have agreed to have an off-site party for Emma with a limited amount of playmates. We still have time but I want to have everything organized before Clark's next chemo (okay sometimes I am a little bit of a control freak).

I also need to plan an intimate gathering for Clark for his birthday but have to do so around his medical appointments and his health.

And sometime this summer, I will plan a day for myself. I think that will be a birthday present for me. A day on the coast perhaps with my best friend or a book.

And blessings never cease to keep happening. Clark's brother called the other night. Clark and his brother have not seen each other nor talked since their dad's death a little over three years ago. They talked for quite sometime that night and tentative plans have been made to see his brother soon.

I just know Clark's dad is in heaven looking down with a goofy grin smiling at his sons.

And sometimes, just sometimes, I just forget Clark has cancer.

1 comment:

  1. I know that you are so consumed with life right now that you are doing what you have to get by. You are a very strong woman of faith and you will pull through this season of your life. I hope that you are keeping these posts somewhere that you can put them together in a compilation. Your story, successes and even setbacks can be a help to someone else who will, sadly, begin a similar journey. You could publish your story as a book to help those who will come behind you and will need a lighthouse to guide them through the storm.
    You are a gifted story teller and give us all a glimpse into your daily life.

    God's blessings to you!
    M

    ReplyDelete