Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An update from pure frustration

When we left for Clark's PET scan in Walnut Creek this afternoon, we were full of unanswered questions and pure frustration (see post below). Once Clark was settled in for his procedure, I called my one of very best friends-Terilynn. I told her what was going on and she said (and I think this is why God places best friends in your life) "why don't walk over to the oncology department and ask them what the third biopsy was for (so logical)."

I walked over and asked the receptionist if I could get some brief answers. She was not happy about it, but said the doctor would be out in about 20 minutes. So I waited for 20 minutes and then a hour. With no doctor appearing and Clark about to get out of his PET scan I had to leave so I left my business card.

As I was simmering, the doctor called me on my cell phone. He first said he was sorry (which goes a long way in my book). And in brief, Clark's first biopsy was on shoulder, the second biopsy (which will be tomorrow) will be on the neck and the third biopsy (date not determined) will be on the bone marrow. All this information including tests up to this point will help to make a defined answer on how far the cancer has spread. This made sense. He also changed Clark's pain medicine.

When Clark, Emma and I finally got home, my brother came by and Lisa showed up with food. A shoulder to lean on and food that nourishes the soul-we could not have asked for more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you pursued communication with the doctor, it makes more sense now. You are the best example of a wife and friend -- I applaude you, Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete