Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gifts

I think sometimes there are coincidences in life but all are God's gifts. In the retelling of this story I am taking some liberties to protect those close to us.

Tonight Clark and I attended a workshop at Cornerstone for married couples. There were about 10 tables and at each table there were about 4-10 people. When we arrived we had the option to sit where ever we wanted. We of course choose the table closet the stage. At my right was a woman who clearly came alone but prayed that someday her husband would come with her and to her right was a couple our age.

Somewhere in the middle the lone woman complained she was cold and so the couple swapped seats with her. While seats were being rearranged at our table, conversation turned to occupations, where we lived, churches (the couple lived in San Mateo, went to church in San Francisco but had not been to Livermore's Cornerstone in sometime), etc.

The other woman at the table who was part of a couple said her name was Bella and she worked at the Camino Hospital in the OB/GYN oncology department. This made my head turn. A close family friend and future primary guardian to our daughter had been treated there last year for cancer. Bella asked her name and we spoke it. Amazingly Bella had helped our friend during her surgery and hospital stay!!! What a small world, what a God's world-we were able to praise God for our friend's triumph conquer over cancer as we will someday with Clark. Even now as we came home we are in awe. God's gifts are everywhere...

2 comments:

  1. Definitely -- And you never have to look far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love it when you have the total brick moments from God! Those are always the ones I pray for when I am looking for answers! I always say that I need the brick since I'm too dumb to see anything else!

    I'm glad you were able to connect with special people!

    ReplyDelete