Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gotta love her.

This morning as we were getting ready for church, Clark was in Emma's room chatting with her. This is what I heard Clark say, "What do mommies do?" and our daughter's response was "talk." Gotta love her.

So the potty training hit a stale mate with Emma in the last few months and stickers no longer became the motivator to use the bathroom. Since I do not want to have to change Clark's and her diaper (a little cancer humor here) I decided to use what I was so set against. I went to the store and bought plain M&M's. I hate, hate sugar as a tool but let me just say it works. Emma has made it to the pot every time. Gotta love her.

Tonight as I was putting her to bed, she was doing everything she could to stay up.

Ultimately she resulted in trying to read the letters on my sweatshirt (Golden State Warriors- mind you) and then asking," Mommy, what is the NBA?"

Seriously last night I had to explain what an exclamation point was at the end of a sentence. Gotta love her!

2 comments:

  1. M&M's worked for both Jake and Maddi when they potty-trained...Good luck! Works like a charm -- New marketing strategy, if that candy ever needed a boost in sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jelly Beans were the bribe of choice for our girls! Do whatever it takes....otherwise it will make you crazy!

    ReplyDelete