Monday, April 27, 2009

I must be crazy and I still somehow survive

I must be crazy and I still somehow survive.

Today I took Emma to preschool, came home had lunch, took Clark to the doctor. Then came home got ready for the Livermore Mom's Board meeting.

Tonight was our transition night of Board positions within the club. So now I will be co-director with my dear friend Hana (Clark and I talked about this at length since I was already Board member of the club). The realization to him and I is that I have a desire to serve.

My perception of life is quite different than most right now (okay was probably more different than to begin with and I really think the other Board members are nuts to have me but who is counting?). But really, all joking aside it is a honor and a privilege to serve our club in this capacity and it is something I look forward to.

It is strange when people ask how I am doing, especially friends. I am not the one with cancer, so my answer is simple-I survive. I do not think of the whys, the how comes, the what ifs, I think of the here and now. Some days I think of the hour and the minutes and just try to get through them whether it is in laughter or tears. My husband is the one in the pain and the one who suffers. I can only be there for him and our daughter through the grace of God.

We have also learned to set healthy boundaries for our immediate family. Sometimes this in and of itself is survival.

And I have also learned you have to be a little crazy to survive and it is perfectly okay.

2 comments:

  1. Having a servant's heart is not a bad thing, but rather a blessing!
    Have fun playing with Clark and Emma today

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do what you need to do -- I know you'll do your best in any direction and under any circumstance. Yes, it's okay to be a little crazy to survive -- It is what it is. Thinking about you -- With love, Cindi :)

    ReplyDelete