Thursday, April 2, 2009

The trash still needs to be taken out...

Yesterday we saw how cancer can suck you in and make life dark.

Today was trash day and even if you have cancer the trash and recyclables still need to be rolled to the curb.

Clark has things he wanted to do when he was laid off from his job. One of things was arranging for a special trash pick up by Waste Management for the items that have accumulated on the side of the house. So, with him being foreman and Waste Management willing to pick up tomorrow, we managed to get our extra trash to the curb.

Never in my mind did I know there was a certain way on which trash had to clearly bundled and stacked. The foreman who was mentioned above was quite concerned over how I was doing my job, since knots had to be tied just so, boxes piled just so, etc. The foreman finally caved and allowed me to take duct tape to it.

He understands now why duct tape is one of my best friends.

We know cancer came knocking, but someday Chester and his cousins will be placed at the curb along with the rest of trash.

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Duct tape rocks. I say duct tape chester and his cousins and get them the heck outta dodge. Adrian will be glad to hear about the duct tape since he's pretty sure we could remodel our entire house using it - he mentioned to me just the other day that we wouldn't need to keep buying nails if we just got more duct tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the insight you give us and am thankful you are allowing us to join you on this journey toward healing. We have many people praying for you, both known and unknown. Please let us help you in any way we are able to. Your friends will be there to support you when you need them most. God's blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even during a challeging and difficult time, your expressions are creative and I know there is an abundance of optimism that keeps you rising. Amen to Chester at the curb -- Can't happen soon enough!!!

    ReplyDelete