Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Out of pure frustration

I am sending this out in pure frustration and in hopes someone can help. I have e-mailed everyone I know in Kaiser. If Kaiser cannot take care of Clark, then I will start selling assets to get him the care he needs. I am driven to get Clark well. Please say a prayer for us~God give us strength~

"Dear unnamed Kaiser Doctor"

This is Kathleen, Clark's wife. When I came home today Clark was quite distraught that someone from your office told him will have to have a possible third biopsy (including tomorrow)-the consult for it being on Friday. I want to know what the point is because he did not understand either.

While it was uneasy meeting with you last week, we understood the plan. However since then we have received calls where nurses are not sure why they calling and then having to call back. This is quite disturbing.

Our care are in the hands of you and your staff. We want my husband well however if we do not understand the plan or the purpose of the tests we then become uninformed.

I realize by the time treatment is actually started it will be well over a month since he was diagnosed. I see him everyday decline. His pain is not in control even with the new medicine. I/We have little confidence right now.

Is there a patient advocate we can contact?

Thank you for your time."

2 comments:

  1. How frustrating! This isn't making much sense to me either. I have a distant relative that is a doctor for Kaiser that I'm going to contact and I'll let you know what she says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be strong and always be your husband's best advocate...you have his best interests at heart, where the doctors may not always. God's blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete