Thursday, April 9, 2009

God places angels on earth and we are blessed to have them as friends.

God places angels on earth and we are blessed to have them as friends.

Last night we received a call from one of the Heads of Oncology at Kaiser. The woman said she had been contacted by one of our friends. I had been hesitant to contact this friend since every time we enter Kaiser we see his picture on the wall and know he must be busy. On more than one occasion our friend has come to help with little more than a thanks from us; and while we have not broken bread with him in sometime, he came to our rescue again.

The woman made me laugh because she asked how we knew this friend. I explained to her that we all went to the same church years ago and he and his beautiful wife headed a group there called Parents in Waiting (filled with couples who had issues having children). I told her that he was one of the kindest and giving people we knew. She said, "mmm... that is a different person than we know...". Which made me laugh because I could not think of him as anything else than what he has been to us and to see him in a different light was funny.

This woman wanted us to know she was there for us and gave us her direct number. I feel Kaiser now as a confident partner in our health care with Clark.

Today, I had to take the Mazda CX 9 for a recall. While I was there I asked if the back climate control knobs could be reattached since they kept falling off. Tracy Mazda said that this is not a typical warranty issue and the price was close to $400 for repair (the knobs are directly in front of Emma's car seat and she keeps kicking them off I am sure). I almost cried. The man then said "Mam, we are going to push this through as a warranty item, don't worry about anything. We will call you next week when the part comes in." Relief just poured off of me.

Our church has contacted us well. The outpouring of love and support is more than words can say.

Our friends-old and new-so many to be thankful for and who have already helped us.

Then, lastly, our dear friends from long ago , but never far away in heart (including my best friend Terilynn and Mike Challand) will be walking in honor of Clark in June for the Lymphomathon.

They have called the group: Team Schoening: Team One Love. Here is the link:

http://www.lymphomathon.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=300228&lis=0&kntae300228=AE518CC75EB64210B209F36DC436ACE7&team=3374297


God places angels on earth and we are blessed to have them as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment