Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chemo date at Kaiser

Tomorrow is the start of Clark's chemo. He is looking forward to spending some more quality time with me I know. The past few weeks we have had all our dates at Kaiser-what fun! We can bring a non smelling picnic lunch tomorrow. Oh-can you feel the sun shining and the romance in the air while he is hooked with a drip line of chemo?

What I am looking forward to seeing is the best receptionist in the world tomorrow. You perhaps know her. The other day the bright smiling lady actually snarled at her co-worker for helping patients earlier than 8:30 am, which apparently is the real start time. Gotta feel the love there. Then when I asked for a Kaiser internal phone number based on a sheet she had given me, she happily said "Call the operator". I felt that the customer service was at its finest then. We will pray for her and the love we know she must have (somewhere deep inside).

With all joking aside, we love Clark's medical team.

We also love our primary doctor whom we do share. Dr. Smith was able to see me today after being he had been off for two weeks. I know I could have seen another doctor, but I firmly believe he treats Clark and I with the best care possible under the current circumstances.

I feel the same about Emma's doctor. It is a huge relief when you know in your heart your doctor is your health partner and we are blessed by this.

2 comments:

  1. Many blessings to you and Clark! As for your receptionist....well, someone once told me that there are people in this world that require a little bit of extra strength sandpaper to rub the rough edges off of themselves to make them more pleasant in the world...or something along those lines....maybe that is her problem. Never the less, I am sure she will see your kindness and love and soften to your will!

    Hope Clark isn't feeling too terrible today after his treatment...oh, what on earth can you eat that doesn't smell? Bread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me at her! I will make her realize the error of her ways. That, and you could get some seriously funny entertainment out of it. Cuz I'm a real ass when it comes to people mistreating my family and/or friends.

    ReplyDelete